Saturday, December 04, 2010

CHALLENGES










I had to laugh when after reading Kerrie at Mysteries in Paradise [I must not mention the cricket ;o)] I went over to A Novel Challenge to find the latest post was about a US Civil War Challenge!

I think I will give this one a miss on the grounds that Mrs Crime Scraps, has accompanied me [translation 'been dragged round'] on five trips to a number of Civil War related sites, and thinks I have already read every book ever written on the subject.
I still haven't forgotten that someone put a Quilt Museum at Paducah KY on the route between the Lincoln Boyhood Home in Southern Indiana, and Shiloh.
How much time can you spend looking at quilts! A lot!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous kathy d. said...

Mrs. Crime Scraps sounds like a wonderful woman with superhuman patience.

And, yes, quilts can be artwork to be looked at that way and revered. They take creativity in many ways from the inception to the finish.

Friends quilt; I admire their work.

3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norman - Ah, yes, quilts. I'm sure those quilts were lovely. I actually grew up in Amish country in Pennsylvania, although I am not myself Amish. There are several places to see some gorgeous quilts.

4:46 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Thanks Kathy, she is indeed.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Margot-we already had a beautiful quilt from an earlier trip to the Amish country in Pennsylvania.
You were lucky to grow up in such a bountiful area.
The quilt was expensive, with the duty we paid, but only half the cost of it in the UK.
We also discovered Amish communities in Southern Indiana and Tennessee, as they move to find good farming land away from tourists like us.

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home