Saturday, December 04, 2010

ANOTHER SWEDISH WALLANDER ON BBC4


This blog is now dormant but you can read all the old posts and lots of new material at my new blog at Crime Scraps Review.
http://crimescraps2.wordpress.com


Thanks to the encyclopedic Karen at Euro Crime for the information that on Saturday 11 December at 9.00pm we will get a chance to see Rolf Lassgard as Kurt Wallander in the original 2001 SVT series.


Unfortunately we won't see this episode, but this short clip gives me the idea that this Swedish version might be better than the Branagh version.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dorte H said...

We saw several episodes of this series years ago, and I thought Rolf Lassgaard suited the role. He has more charisma than the other Swedish actor.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous kathy d. said...

Well, I'll wish you all well, think of you on the night it's showing and mope that this series is not showing across the Atlantic.

And I can't find it at our library nor anything with Rolf Lassgaard in it.

So, will have to settle for vicarious enjoyment--and hope that sometime it will land over here.

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having just watched the Pyramid starring Rolf Lassgard as Wallander, I thought the production so much better, more believable and authentic. I hope he continues. The whole cast seemed better too, so well done the production team. Every time I watch it, it makes we want to visit Sweden.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home