Wednesday, August 18, 2010

2010 GLOBAL READING CHALLENGE ROUNDUP


I have completed Dorte's 2010 Global Reading Challenge to the medium level [twelve books from six continents].

The books I read were:

Africa:

Asia:


Australasia:

Europe:

North America:

South America:

These books are set in Algeria, South Africa, Laos, China, Australia [NSW], Australia [Victoria], Greece, England, USA [Washington DC], USA [Cincinnati], Argentina and Brazil. I might add to my challenge later in the year by reading a North American book from outside the USA, and a New Zealand book.

A very enjoyable and pleasant challenge. Thank you, Dorte.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norman - Well-done! I'm quite impressed with the books you selected. Some of them are now on my TBR list, too, so thanks for that as well : ).

6:45 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Thanks Margot.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Karen Russell said...

Congrats to you. i've yet to finish a challenge, but then I just started all of this in March.

What was your favorite or what would you recommend?

10:31 AM  
Blogger Dorte H said...

Congratulations, Norman!

And I can assure you, hosting this challenge has given me far more pleasures than problems - so it may not be very hard to persuade me to host it again ;)

I am on book no 10 now (no problem timewise), but I have that second Antarctica novel to get through. You were very wise.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Thanks Karen.
What was my favourite? That is difficult because so may of these books were superb.
I would recommend Khadra, Meyer, Cotterill, Temple, Edwards, Pelecanos, Mallo and Gag. The others I did not enjoy as much.

Thanks Dorte. I have too many books on the pile to consider the Antarctic, but will look forward to see what new challenges you might have for us.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Kiwicraig said...

Well done Norman. I'm more than happy to recommend a NZ book that you may be able to source reasonably easily overseas - they are getting a little easier to find, and a few of the recent ones are on Amazon now...

5:28 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Thanks Craig, I was going to pick the winner of the Dame Ngaio Marsh Award when that was announced. I know Peter is a judge [are you a judge or isn't that allowed for the organizer] so it should be a safe bet ?
But what would you recommend ?

12:59 AM  
Anonymous kathy d. said...

Has anyone read books by Vanda Symon? I was thinking of purchasing "Containment."

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home