Thursday, January 21, 2010

INSIDER JOKES


I am always on the lookout for amusing snippets in crime fiction books. Sometimes I am not sure whether the snippet was intended to be funny as in The Arsenic Labyrinth by Martin Edwards, which I reviewed here.

'The late Mr Blacon, who had lured her to the Lakes from her native Leyburn, had passed away thirty years ago, but he'd made a packet from a dental practice in Windermere and left her well provided for.'

OK, that might only seem funny to someone with 35 years experience of dental practices.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norman - Thanks for reminding me of that : ). It didn't occur to me until I read your context that that's awfully funny. Yet, I have to admit I do that sort of thing when I write, too... Good to know that people pick those things up.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home