Saturday, October 31, 2009

HALLOWEEN NIGHT




I am about to finish reading Michael Genelin's Siren of The Waters and in due course my review will appear on Euro Crime.

Next up I will be reading The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest by Stieg Larsson translated by Reg Keeland. I feel obliged to read and post about that as soon as possible because I nagged those very nice people at Quercus for a free review copy.

This week amid a lot of important "events" I watched two of the best "crime" films I have ever seen. Both movies Gran Torino and The Constant Gardener were brilliantly acted and this made up for their slightly predictable plots.
Predictability is not a quality associated with the superb French crime series Spiral 2. The final episode is due up next and I confidently expect to left totally confused by some twist or turn of events. This series has seen some fine acting and considerable drooling by me over the Machiavellian and very evil lawyer Josephine Karlsson, played by Audrey Fleurot.

I particularly liked the line spoken by the even more corrupt Szabo:

"Miss Karlsson if you work for me you must love money and only money."

Blogger was unobtainable for most of today and it is late so I will leave my comments on a review I read today in the Daily Telegraph till another day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm glad you enjoyed Gran Torino; it really was a fine movie! Perhaps the plot was a bit predictable, but the rest more than made up for it.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home