Sunday, August 30, 2009

MY LIFE WITH THE BOOKS OF 2009


My life according to books I have read in 2009.

This is a clever meme that I first spotted at Petrona, and here are links to some other thought provoking contributions from:

Describe yourself:
The Man Who Liked Slow Tomatoes [I love that title and tomatoes]

How do you feel:
The End of the World in Breslau [bit of a headache today]

Describe where you currently live:
The Sardine Deception [it is a bit small and we are packed in tight]

If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go:
Brest Litovsk [that is the problem with reading history as well as crime fiction]

Your favourite form of transport:
The Silver Swan [taking my time]

Your best friend is:
The Einstein Girl [someone far cleverer than me]

You and your friends are:
The Reunion [always a pleasure to see friends]

What's the weather like:
The Darkest Room [well it is Devon with not much August Heat]

Favourite time of day:
A Visible Darkness [the sun setting on the coast is beautiful]

If your life was a:
Bleeding Heart Square [ that is a bleeding heart liberal who has become cynical]

What life is to you:
The Crossroads [we make decisions every day that decide which way we go]

Your fear:
Alone in Berlin [or alone anywhere, I have spent too much time alone to enjoy it]

What is the best advice you have to give:
The Rule Book [don't follow it blindly]

Thought for the day:
The Collaborator [let's work together]

How would you like to die:
Die a Little [over many years without too much pain so I can get used to the idea]

My soul's present condition:
Roses, Roses

6 Comments:

Blogger crimeficreader said...

Good one, Norm. I nearly picked The Reunion for the friends question. A lot of mine are not local, indeed they are across the world in come cases, so when we meet it always feels like a reunion. In the meantime there's always the phone...

8:02 AM  
Blogger Bernadette said...

This has definitely captured everyone's attention. I nearly had to pick BLACK ICE for the soul question which is when I really started to worry about my reading...roses, roses sounds much nicer :)

1:59 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

CFR,This was an enjoyable one to do.

Bernadette, I was going to put for my soul's condition, The Sinner or The Redeemer but that made me seem even crazier than I am.

2:53 PM  
Blogger crimeficreader said...

Norm, I meant to ask before, that is a pic of where exactly? Interesting looking place!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

The photo is of Knaresborough, near Harrogate, taken I think from the balcony of Gallon House the B&B we stayed at when we went to a friend's son's wedding at Ripley Castle.

9:27 AM  
Blogger crimeficreader said...

Thanks Norm. The B&B looks good too so I've bookmarked it.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home