Friday, March 20, 2009

SPOILER AND RANDOM QUOTATION NUMBER 2


I forgot to mention in my review of Borkmann's Point that there is a spoiler/tribute in the story to The ABC Murders by Agatha Christie. So if you are someone who does not know plot and wants to read this Christie novel it is best to do so before you read Borkmann's Point. 

Another random quote, this time from an author who with his latest novel will probably reinforce his position as one of my favourite European crime writers:

Had he been stealing money, embezzling? He could be the type to work with figures. But not the big sums. His attractive wife notwithstanding, he looked more the kind who helped himself to small change here and there. He might have been unfaithful, might even have slept with the wife of the wrong man. No. As a rule, short men with above average assets and wives much more attractive than themselves are more concerned with her infidelity. The man annoyed him. 

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, curious, Norman!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Dorte H said...

This was what I wanted to check the other day - but Blogger wouldn´t allow me - it is Nesbø, isn´t it?
I humbly admit that even a few days after having read the novel, I am no longer 100 % certain :)

4:47 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

I have been away and computerless for a few days! Yes it is Nesbo from The Redeemer. :o)

4:03 AM  
Blogger Dorte H said...

I really did wonder what had happened to you :)
Welcome back to the real world, Norman. And do remember to check out my first bait with a prize! (It is quite a new experience for me to give away a book!)

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home