Friday, March 13, 2009

QUOTE A DAY: BOTTLES OF BOOZE


He had not bothered to ask what it was all about. Drugs, presumably. Everything seemed to be about drugs these days. 
Now the watch had gone on for ten days and the only thing that had happened to the man in question was a tart and two half bottles of booze.
Gunvald Larsson looked at his watch. Nine minutes past eleven. 
Eight minutes left.
He yawned and raised his arms to start beating them round him.
At that precise moment the house exploded.

From The Fire Engine That Disappeared by Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo  

2 Comments:

Blogger Dorte H said...

Oh, this one is a great choice! Perhaps I should also re-read this series one day? I know I would enjoy the first ones, but the last few are not quite as interesting.

4:27 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Thanks Dorte. I read my first Martin Beck books 30 years ago but still have numbers 6 and 7 to read. I think I read Roseanna first but then followed that with Cop Killer and The Terrorists !
We have to put up with idiosyncratic translation orders, how nice it would be to be a linguist and read everything in the correct order.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home