Monday, November 17, 2008

EUROCRIME REVIEW:THE MAZE OF CADIZ


My unenthusiastic review of The Maze of Cadiz has been posted on Euro Crime here.
I looked at the cover and read the first few pages and thought Libro gordo thick book which it wasn't but it seemed like it.
The cover and back of the book state 'one man can change the course of war.' 
Note 'of war' not 'the war.' 
In fact the strategic situation of Spain by September 1944 was an irrelevance to the 'course of the war.'
I usually lap up books set in this period but I am sorry I just did not enjoy The Maze of Cadiz. 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that The Maze of Cadiz was a little disappointing, but I think there's potential there. Now that Monroe's had this chance to warm up, it'll be interesting to see how she does with the follow-up.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home