Tuesday, September 16, 2008

ON THE TO BE READ SHELF



On a lighter note after I finish Second Violin, I have Dante's Numbers by David Hewson to read courtesy of Maxine of Petrona and Karen of Euro Crime on my shelf.
And then two top Nordics, the superb Arnaldur Indridason's Artic Chill and Hakan Nesser's The Mind's Eye are looking very tempting. 
My advanced copy of Leighton Gage's Buried Strangers arrived from New York yesterday and I have a large pile of John Lawtons, Ian Rankin's Exit Music, Inger Frimansson's The Shadow in the Water and Henning Mankell's Firewall all available to read. 
Hibernation with some books this winter looks to be a sensible plan.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just read Arctic Chill (courtesy Karen) and thought it utterly fantastic. I identify more with Erlunder in each book. It is uncanny how much his thoughts and inner life echoes mine. But apart from that, Indridason writes a good plot and all the rest. Great stuff.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

The Hewson first and then Artic Chill thanks Maxine.
I must say I identify you much more with Irene Huss than Erlendur ? Now I am much more Erlendur, or Harry Hole, or Kurt Wallander or Martin Beck or even Gerlof Davidsson!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home