Wednesday, April 30, 2008

GOOD NEWS:LUCARELLI AND INDRIDASON ON THE WAY






With all my recent distractions I only just noticed the good news posted by Karen at Euro Crime.






The last book in the De Luca Trilogy Via delle Oche will be published in a few days in the USA and in June in Europe.

And Artic Chill the latest from Arnaldur Indridason will reach us in October.


These are two of the finest European authors to be translated into English and while Indridason has received many prizes and plaudits I think Carlo Lucarelli is very underrated here. His gritty style was shown at its best in my opinion in Day After Day [reviewed here] the sequel to Almost Blue which was shortlisted by the CWA fro a Gold Dagger.

Both the De Luca and the Grazia Negro books are fine examples of their sub genres and I hope more of Lucarelli's books will be translated soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home