Saturday, April 26, 2008

ANOTHER DAY ANOTHER MEME ANOTHER HEADACHE


I was tagged by the mellifluous Rhian of It's a Crime! [or a Mystery...] who referred to me as "darling Norm".

I must admit that I have been called worse, a lot worse, in my time.


I would hazard a guess that the trustees and CEO of CARE might not think as kindly of me if they have read either my series of posts on the closure of Blackerton Village here, or my letters.


Some patients over the years might have mumbled something less endearing about me from their swollen, numb, bleeding mouths.


But enough of happy memories of past tooth extractions and on to the meme.


Now, here are the rules of this meme:


Link to the person that tagged you.

Post the rules on your blog.
Write six random things about you in a blog post.

Tag six people in your post (see below).
Let each person know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Let the tagger know your entry is up.
Six Very Random Things.
1) I spent my first 18 months in North Wales, and we returned every few years to see if it had stopped raining. It hadn't until 2002!
2) I went to the same school as Raymond Chandler and P.G.Wodehouse. Where I played chess against a future Grand Master and lost.
3) Two years after I qualified I wanted to give up dentistry and become a history teacher; I even took History A level before applying again to university. I then changed my mind and drilled away for another 33 years.
4) I suffered from severe travel sickness until I was about 34, when the man behind me on a flight back from Rhodes was airsick all the way until he saw the lights of Gatwick.
I was fine despite the smell and from then on became a travel fanatic for a few years. Converts are always more orthodox in their observances.
5) Important dates in my life [births, weddings, deaths] coincide with dates in American history. Luckily I don't share a birthdate with George W. Bush, Franklin Pierce, James Buchanan or Warren Harding.
6) I am hopeless at languages, but the best man at my wedding speaks French, Italian, Arabic and Brazilian Portugese.
I hope these facts are suitably random and now I will tag.

I must say that this meme craze does strain the brain but it does give you the opportunity to link to some very good blogs, so there.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Some interesting facts there, about your person. And oy, you tagged me! Thanks, I think. ;)

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It may also uncover some unusual facts! Best! The usual not quite amenable due to Oscar between moi and the keyboard (obvious speeling mistakes corrected...)

4:17 PM  
Blogger Kerrie said...

Hello Norm. I've done it!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

I have dutifully complied (it was kind of fun, actually) and passed the joy onto six fellow bloggers.
==============
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

9:06 PM  
Blogger Gerard Brennan said...

Well, I finally got around to putting up my own six facts.

Later, sir.

gb

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home