Sunday, January 13, 2008

QUIRKY QUIZ: WINTER EDITION



I know you have been waiting to use those little grey cells to answer another quiz of extreme quirkiness.


One of the questions has nothing to do with crime fiction, but I told you the quiz was quirky, and it is topical.

The Questions:

1) Which President was Governor of two different states?


2) Raymond Chandler went to school at Dulwich College, which crime writers were educated at Stonyhurst, Scollard Hall, Cambridge High School and Abraham Lincoln High School?

3) How are Jeroen van Aken and the River Porciuncula connected?

4) I am seven and three, with Eve's favourite fruit, created in Sardinia, but I only live in China and the USA? Who and what am I?

5) What does an Icelandic policewoman do that would endear her to an Italian policeman?

6) Who disappears in Budapest, and who goes to find him?

7) Name the grandson of Mr Reich?

8) Who worked as an administrator in the British National Health Service?

9) Maurice Roy Ridley was a visiting professor at Bowdoin College, what is his claim to crime fiction fame?

10) Samarkand, and Snowden's Ladies Companion. What is the connection?




Some questions are easy, some are a little bit more difficult but do make an attempt and send your answers to thbear08@googlemail.com by 4 February 2008.
Good Luck.




3 Comments:

Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

So far I know two, and one of them only because I was told the answer relatively recently. The only other one I know without having to cudgel my brains is the National Health Service question. It appears that I will be paying for my own books for a while yet.
==============
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

1:08 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Peter, I don't want to make things too easy for readers. So it is a good sign if your "Mekon like" brain is stumped for a while.

Thanks for the translators article.
While there are prizes for translating and some have been won by well known crime fiction translators there does not appear to be the prize I was suggesting.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

This evening I shall do a bit of research and see what I can come up with. These good questions deserve some work on my part.

==============
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home