Monday, January 28, 2008

L'OSCURA IMMENSITA DELLA MORTE


Karen of Euro Crime has posted my review of the hard hitting Death's Dark Abyss by Massimo Carlotto at:





Karen has a sense of humour as she introduced me as Euro Crime's Italian expert, an undeserved designation, which I willingly accept if it means more excellent Italian noir to review.
I must admit I do find Italy fascinating, not only the excellent crime fiction and wonderful food, but also the history of that beautifully imperfect country.
"Please thank the above named gentleman for the sentiments that he expresses.......but Il Duce was unable to grant his request."
No prizes for naming the "above named gentleman" who in 1927 was requesting an inscribed photograph of Mussolini.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a very good review indeed, Uriah - I like the way you bring in "care in the community".
The review had the effect of making me determined to read the book(s).
Yes, "beautifully imperfect country" is an apt description.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Thanks Maxine, I value your opinion highly.
My next "Italian" book review may be a fraction less complimentary. ;)

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home