Wednesday, October 31, 2007

OCTOBER QUIRKY QUIZ


I have decided to make the quiz a regular item and this is the October quiz, rather late so it is very easy.
At almost the very end of a well known detective series the sidekick looks at the main protagonist and says....


"The trouble with you,....., is that you've got the wrong job. At the wrong time. In the wrong part of the world. In the wrong system."

"Is that all?"

I think we all feel like that sometimes, and I thought it was a part of a great ending.
Who is the person in the wrong job?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I am going to be wrong, but Philip Marlowe.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Thanks for trying Maxine, but I am afraid you are wrong.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

You put the psychological screws to your readers with your insistence that your questions are easy. I don't know the answer to this one, but I suspect it might be John Rebus' parting line.
===================
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

4:13 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Not Philip Marlowe, and sorry Peter not John Rebus [I am still one book away from Exit Music].

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea. I don't even think it was Lewis to Morse. I think the series to which you refer comes well before...

Yours, currently frazzled with thought,
CFR

1:40 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Thaks CFR, for your frazzled thoughts,they are always welcome.
I must say Morse, Rebus, and Marlowe would make a pretty solid investigative team, but none are the right answer.
I will post the correct answer on Monday, unless anyone gets it before.
Um "the wrong time",possibly someone ahead of his time.

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holmes and Watson as a complete outsider?

(You see I'm really struggling now!)

2:22 PM  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Wow thanks CFR.
Not correct, but Sherlock Holmes joining Morse Rebus and Philip Marlowe sounds like an irrestible crime fighting team to me.

The solution tomorrow unless someone has another guess......

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home