Wednesday, April 04, 2007

MOLAR DEPRESSION

There may be a hiatus in my posting for a while as I have been suffering with appalling toothache for the past fortnight. I grind my teeth because the stresses of life, the worry of years in dentistry, and having four children.
With the result that one of my molars had fractured longtitudinaly through the pulp chamber, and I have to admit a certain fear of dental procedures at the sharp end, and with 40 years of experience I know what can go wrong.
But my dentist was brilliant and I never felt a thing during a difficult extraction. I had made the decision for an extraction and it was nice, when I looked at the tooth to realise that it was definitely beyond help.

I will get back to reading Donna Leon when I am feeling better, right now I have two weeks sleep to catch up on.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better soon, Norm.
As for the "norm" of life, I clamp my jaw, including in my sleep, but don't grind so much, so I know what that feels like. Bad news! I've lost my retainer after a house move 2+ yrs ago and want to find it to avoid having to go through impressions with a new dentist. I had a hairy week or so some time ago, which got me hunting around, but for now I'm ok.

I haven't had a fracture yet, but I can imagine the pain. As for the bruxism, I know what you suffer.

Hope you're better soon and all the best!

Reading is a help, when managed, obviously.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I start afternonon 3 books her "Death and Judgment ".
It is my gift for my birthday:))
And Calmirani too.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home